Clive is primarily involved in maritime disputes.
He represents parties in both ‘dry shipping’ disputes (claims on bills of lading and charterparties, etc.) and ‘wet shipping’ disputes (ship collisions, claims concerning pollution at sea, tonnage limitation suits, etc).
Clients have described Clive as a lawyer who, "listens well to what we say and is helpful in diagnosing causes of problems faced, helping to solve them amicably.” and that he “makes the effort to explain issues in depth to us." (Chambers and Partners 2021 & 2020).
- Lead Counsel in a ship collision claim concerning damage caused by a barge under tow: Owners of the Ship or Vessel ‘My Ferry 2’ v. Owners and/or Demise Charterers of the Ship or Vessel ‘KKD000132-T’ & Anor  MLJU 298, HC.
- Junior Counsel in a claim brought against a purchaser of a vessel, who purchased the vessel which she was under arrest: Majorole Shipping Sdn Bhd v. The Owners and/or others persons having interest in the ship or vessel ‘Semua Bahagia’ (WA-27NCC-68 -11/2016), HC.
- Junior Counsel in a suit before the Admiralty Court that examined the significance of a bareboat charter registry in ship-arrest claims: Rei Management Sdn. Bhd. v. The Owners of the Ship or Vessel ‘Inaimerak Super’  MLJU 1390, HC.
- Junior Counsel in a claim concerning the 1957 tonnage limitation convention: Newfield Peninsula Malaysia Inc. v. The Owners of the Ship or Vessel ‘Tanjung Pinang 1’  10 MLJ 650, HC.
- ‘The Moscow Stars – Charter Party Liens and Arbitration,’ The Newsletter of The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (Issue 1/2019).
- Contributor to Malaysian Civil Procedure 2018, Sweet and Maxwell [ISBN 978-967-2049-77-7], commonly known as the ‘White Book.’
- ‘New Remedies for Seafarers’, The Sun, 6 February 2017.
- Member, Malaysian Bar’s Shipping and Admiralty Law Committee (since 2015).
- Member, International Malaysian Society of Maritime Law (since 2016).
- Member, Inter-Pacific Bar Association (since 2017).
- Associate, Royal Institution of Naval Architects (since 2017).
- Member, Maritime Arbitration Committee of the Asian International Arbitration Centre’s Young Practitioners’ Group (since 2017).
- Member, Young SIAC of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (since 2017).
- Member, Young International Arbitration Group of the London Court of International Arbitration (since 2017).
- Member, The Malaysian Institute of Arbitrators (since 2018).